POS has updated "Planning for a Better Future" as its manifesto to influence the government. The original papers were produced prior to the 2015 general election but have been updated and added to.
The POS Manifesto has it's core message that planning is key to meeting housing needs and delivering economic growth through the creation of sustainable development and POS invites the Government to work with it to build a more efficient and effective planning system.
The POS Manifesto has a number of complementary parts:
- an evolutionary approach to improving local plans Making Great Places, Simpler Planning and Tools for the Job: updated August 15 (amended orginal version click here) or click here for David Evans' presentation
- funding infrastructure in a more effective way: updated August 15 (original version click here)
- we need to talk about the Green Belt: updated August 15 (orginal version click here)
- red line submissions: a proportionate approach: click here
- delivering Affordable Housing in a more effective way: click here
- From Concept to Construction: making the system more flexible: click here
- Compulsory Purchase: three essential improvements: click here