Breaking News ...
... the Technical Consultation on implementation of neighbourhood planning provisions in the Neighbourhood Planning Bill have been welcomed by POS that will both speed up the process of making and modifying neighbourhood plans and encourage closer working between LPAs and neighbourhood plan teams.
However, close working is all the more important today as Government guidance and decisions in the courts and on appeal have underscored the importance of preparing neighbourhood plans with the same degree of rigour and detail as applies to a LPA preparing its own plans
- President's Piece - Anna Rose's latest blog was sent out separately on 23rd September >> you can read it here
- Presentations by Ian MacLeod (Birmingham CC), Steve Quartermain (DCLG) and Mary Travers (PINS) from the Development Management & Spatial Policy Networks Joint Meeting on 16th September are now available
- Notes of the South East & London Regions Joint Meeting on 8th July are now available
- In the News
Spatial Planning Latest
- An important letter has been received from DCLG regarding the Neighbourhood Planning Bill Clause 22:: Extension of the "No-Scheme Principle" to "Relevant Transport Projects" >> read more
- The government has confirmed it is committed to changes to the neighbourhood planning regime.The new regulations will cover a number of issues including the process for designating a neighbourhood area, time periods for designating a neighbourhood forum, time periods for key local authority decisions following receipt of the examiner's report on a neighbourhood plan and a procedure for the rare cases where the Secretary of State may intervene to send a plan to referendum >> read more
- Phase Five of the One Public Estate (OPE) programme has now been launched, giving councils the opportunity to apply for up to £500,000 to support delivery of ambitious property-based initiatives. The programme provides expert support and funding to deliver ambitious cross-public sector property-based projects that boost local growth, deliver more customer-integrated services, generate capital receipts and reduce running costs. The prospectus containing details of how to apply is now available >> read more
- The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) (Amendment) Regulations2016 make amendments to the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 >> read more
Development Management Latest
- The written judgment has been released in Hilton, a case dealing with the interpretation ofhouseholder permitted development rights. The High Court found against the Secretary of State's interpretation of the relevant provision of the permitted development legislation as expressed in the published guidance >> read more
- A further 13 sites, amounting to 1,200 hectares, of public sector land have been released for housing projects by the MoD >> read more
- Network Rail has identified 200 sites suitable for housing developments which it plans to release by 2020 >> read more
And Finally ...
... did you know that the largest residential development scheme under construction in Britain is at Alconbury Weald, at Huntingdon built on the site of an old RAF base, will deliver nearly 7,000 homes >> read more