Breaking News ...
... with the government having announced its support for a new runway at Heathrow there is undoubtedly going to be a vast range of opinion on its suitability.
Of particular interest is the brief article by Richard Harwood QC
- President's Piece - Anna Rose's latest blog was sent out separately on 24th October >> you can read it here
- In the News
Spatial Planning Latest
- Planning minister Gavin Barwell has confirmed a variety of government amendments on plan-making will be introduced to the Neighbourhood Planning Bill currently under scrutiny in the Commons >> read more
- These amendments include second-tier local authorities being allowed to direct plan-making where required >> read more
Development Management Latest
- Residential Development and Trees is a useful planning guide by the Woodland Trust >> read more
- A new report has highlighted the growing importance of social media as a key area for planning consultation, with 60 per cent of local authority members arguing that property developers should be using it to engage with the public >> read more
- In partnership with Revo, the LGA and Local Partnerships, the BPF is launching updated procurement guidance for local authorities. A number of workshops are being held to launch the guidance: "TO OJEU OR NOT TO OJEU: REVISITED Guidance for local authorities on navigating procurement" at Bristol on 24th Nov, London on 28th November, Newcastle on 1st Dec, and Leeds on 2nd Dec.
- The Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Regulations 2016 make provision in relation to the definition of a serviced plot of land, registers kept under the Act and exemption from the duty >> read more
And Finally ...
... were you aware that despite McCarthy & Stone and Churchill having increased their volume of planning applications for schemes by 162 per cent between 2010 and 2015 a recent report suggests the demand for retirement housing could outstrip supply by more than 375,000 homes by the middle of this century >> read more