Breaking News ...
... advice that aims to enable pro-growth councils, the real estate sector and central government to develop more innovative ways of driving forward local growth together has been published by the LGA and the BPF >> read more
- President's Piece - Anna Rose's latest blog was sent out separately on 14th February >> you can read it here
- We have been working on some key changes that are needed to the CPO process to enable the delivery of housing, especially in situations where sites are stalled or land banked; and have launched our latest Manifesto Paper Compulsory Purchase: three essential improvements.
- A warm welcome to the four new members this month: James Cross (Chichester DC); and Matthew Smith, Andrew Burton; Emma Coveney (Barnsley MBC).
- The public minutes of the Board's meeting on 27th January are now available
- In the News
Spatial Planning Latest
- The government's has responded to the consultation document which sought views on proposed changes to national planning policy. The proposed changes cover:
- broadening the definition of affordable housing to expand the range of low cost housing opportunities
- increasing the density of development around commuter hubs to make more efficient use of land in suitable locations
- supporting sustainable new settlements, development on brownfield land and small sites and delivery of housing agreed in Local Plans
- supporting delivery of starter homes
- transitional arrangements
- The House of Lords in debating the Neighbourhood Planning Bill has suggested permitted development rights that might see a pub's use change and neighbourhood planning groups being informed of national infrastructure projects >> read more
- Neighbourhood plans can come forward ahead of up to date local plans >> read the Court of Appeal decision
Development Management Latest
- Want to know what makes a good brief to consultants and what makes a good tender in response? >> Find out here
- Want an update on the challenges local planning authorities face in finding skilled planners? >> Find more here
- The RTPI Dementia and Town Planning practice note gives advice on how good planning can create better environments for people living with dementia, ensuring public spaces and buildings help them to live independently and well for longer >>> read more
- A new Right to Build expert task force has been launched to boost delivery of affordable housing. Funded by the Nationwide Foundation and championed by the National Custom and Self Build Association (NaCSBA) as well as the All Party Parliamentary Group on Self Build, Custom and Community Housebuilding and Placemaking >> read more
- the new Historic England publication Heritage Works, outlines how historic sites can be beneficial in new developments and in regeneration >> read more
- The DCLG consultation Planning and affordable housing for Build to Rent includes changing the National Planning Policy Framework policy to support and to increase the number of new Build to Rent homes, and the provision of Affordable Private Rent homes as the main form of affordable housing provision on Build to Rent schemes >> read more
- The report commissioned to inform the review of the Community Infrastructure Levy which was submitted to Ministers in October 2016 has just been published >> read more
- A summary of the responses to the rural planning review call for evidence has been published and sets out the government response >> read more
- The Chairs of the Land Forum and National Quality Mark Scheme (NQMS) Steering Group are inviting Chief Planning Officers to participate in the NQMS for Land Contamination Management >> read more
- CPRE Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is seeking a Chair to provide vision and leadership to ensure CPRE has a strong and effective voice for the future of our countryside. Anyone interested should contact Tracey Hipson on 01480 396698 or email@example.com for further information and a recruitment pack.
Forthcoming POS Events
And Finally ...
... want to know more about the challenges likely to be faced in the planning and construction industry in 2017? You can find out on Planning TV here
- The February e-bulletin sent to all members is available online