Breaking News ...
... DCLG is consulting on proposals to withhold the New Homes Bonus incentive scheme in areas where a local authority does not have a local plan in place >> read more
- President's Piece
"Good tidings to all planners and those working up to and especially over the festive period keeping the vitally important planning and development slay flying. So we reach the end of 2015 and before we all head off to share gifts, be merry and be with our family and loved ones over Christmas let us give a brief moment to reflect on this closing year's highlights and what lies in store for us all in the New Year.
"POS members enjoyed ... " >> read more Stewart Murray, President 2015/16
- In the News
Spatial Planning Latest
- The Society is compiling a response to the review of the NPPF. Send any comments to Sarah Whelan, our Policy Officer
- Brandon Lewis clarifies LPA duty to make provision for travellers following a question from an MP quoting a POS comment >> read more
- PAS has put together a series of half-day sessions to help take stock of the latest in strategic planning and the Duty to Co-operate, and to explain how the duty can be used as part of the devolution agenda >> read more
Development Management Latest
- The new PAS DM Challenge toolkit includes some good practice ideas and takes you through a structured set of questions >> read more
- A record fine of £725k has been imposed on the developer of a six-storey block of flats without permission >> read more
- The Court of Appeal has come down on the side of a local authority and a planning inspector over the use of a tree replacement notice requiring landowners to replant more than 1,200 trees to replace those they were accused of destroying >> read more
- A house building red tape review has been released which aims to give builders their say on "ineffective" rules and "heavy-handed enforcement" that stop them building homes. Closing date is 13 January >> read more
- Historic England has published revised guidance on the impact of tall buildings >> read more
- Brandon Lewis said during a Commons committee session that he will 'look further' at the role of planning in protecting grassroots music venues >> read more
- Heritage Counts 2015 is the 14th annual survey of the state of England’s historic environment >> read more
- Delivering Better Development is a new international publication explaining the roles and skills of planners worldwide >> read more
- POS Events
- CPD/Training Events, not endorsed by POS unless specifically stated
And Finally ...
.... yes it's that time of year again for some awful Christmas cracker jokes:
What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney? Claustrophobia!
What do they sing at a snowman's birthday party? Freeze a jolly good fellow
Why does Santa have three gardens? So he can 'ho ho ho'!
Why are Christmas trees so bad at sewing? They always drop their needles!
Did Rudolph go to school? No. He was Elf-taught!
How do you link your plan to those of other departments? With a stapler!
Season's greetings to one and all